The Radiation Oncologist and the Treatment Team
Radiation Oncologists are doctors who have advanced training and experience using radiation to treat cancer. During the first visit to the Radiation Oncology Center at Central Baptist Hospital, patients will meet the Radiation Oncologist who determines the type of radiation and dose that will be most effective. In addition to a physical exam and review of medical history, the Radiation Oncologist may request additional tests such as CT scans, PET-CT scans, MRI studies, ultrasound or nuclear medicine tests to help the doctor plan treatment.
A team of healthcare professionals work together in the Radiation Oncology Center at Central Baptist Hospital to provide patients great care. This team includes:
- Nurse - provides patient education and nursing care to patients during radiation treatment.
- Radiation Therapist - administers the radiation treatments.
- Medical Physicist and Dosimetrist - help develop the treatment plan, perform calculations to carry out radiation dose prescription and perform quality control tests on all equipment.
- Social Worker - provides assistance with financial, emotional or coping issues.
- Clinical Dietitian - provides nutritional information.
View these recently published articles by our medical staff and physicians who practice at CBH:
Comprehensive care facility vital in treatment of breast cancer - Dr. Walid Abou-Jaoude