Baptist Health Lexington offers a variety of classes to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting. They are:
- Breastfeeding 101 helps prepare expectant moms for the breastfeeding experience.
- Bumps and Babes-a prenatal exercise class for everyone! Don't let pregnancy put you into hibernation! Join us at HealthwoRx for a great workout.
- Comfort Measures for Childbirth offers parents-to-be breathing, relaxation, comfort and support methods.
- Great Expectations gives you a general overview of having your baby at Baptist Health Lexington.
- Laboring the Natural Way, a 3 class series designed for those who wish to explore the option of a non-medicated birth experience.
- Little Fingers, Little Toes is a class designed to help parents learn the basics of infant care, including diapering and bathing.
- Marvelous Multiples a class for parents expecting multiples!
- New Brother/New Sister helps your child feel "special" and an important part of the childbirth event that will mean a new sibling.
- Pediatric CPR is for parents, babysitters, childcare workers and others who want to learn CPR techniques for children from birth to 8 years.
- Prenatal Yoga is a yoga class specially modified for women in any stage of pregnancy.
- Safe Sitter is a medically accurate program to prepare children ages 11 to 13 for babysitting.
- First Spoonfuls is a baby nutrition series designed to help you learn how to transition your child to solid foods. Hands on cooking techniques will be presented.
- GirlwoRx is a summertime session for girls 12-14. Get skills, get fit, get moving! Session runs June 27th-July 1st.
A.D.A.M. Pregnancy Central: Additional information for you from our health library, covering topics from fertility and conception to Babycare 101.