Click here to view Employee Responsibility Grid policy for certification requirements and attendance.
Click here to view 'Certification Requirements for BHLex Employees'
Walk-ins will not be admitted.
Self-study will be required for successful completion of this course. Pre-test must be completed and submitted at time of registration. Participant will not be allowed to attend this class if pre-test is not completed and brought to Day 1 registration.
After this course the participant can expect to be able to:
- describe the key elements in the Pediatric Chain of Survival.
- discuss epidemiology & prevention of common childhood injuries & illnesses.
- recognize signs of impending respiratory failure/shock & initial treatment.
- list the components of rapid cardiopulmonary assessment.
- given a patient scenario, demonstrate satisfactory pediatric BLS, AED & cardioversion, defibrillation, and airway management.
- describe how and why I.O. devices are used.
RN, LPN, & MD, PA, Nurse Practitioners, Respiratory Therapist, Paramedic employees with current PALS certification and work in the areas listed in critical care or telemetry area at BHLexington. (see Certification Requirements for Baptist Health Lexington Employees).
- Current BCLS certification.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Confirmation letter is required for admittance. If lost or deleted contact Educational Development Department to obtain another confirmation letter 2 days prior to class.
- Pre-test: Must be completed prior to class and bring to day one of this class (on CD in manual). The American Heart Association requires completed pre-test submitted during registration on day one. Anyone who has not completed and submitted this pre-test at that time will not be able to attend the PALS course.
Obtain in your department or Baptist Health Lexington library (call ext. 6297 to check availability). If manuals are not returned with 10 days of completion there will be a $40.00 charge utilizing your E-Voucher.
Location of Class
The above amount will be deducted utilizing your E-Voucher if:
- cancellation is 4 weeks or less (all cancellations MUST be in writing); OR
- missing either Day 1 or Day 2; OR
- No Call/No Show for this class.
If this course is not required for your area there will be a $25.00 charge to the employee utilizing your E-Voucher at completion of this class.
This class begins at 8:00 a.m. Please be aware of your time. Certificate will not be given if you miss 15 minutes or more of any CE class/course.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
Limited availability if this course is not Baptist Health Lexington job-specific for your department.
Click on a date/time below to register for this class:
July 9 & 18, 2014; 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
August 21 & 29, 2014; 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
October 3 & 10, 2014; 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
December 11 & 18, 2014; 8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Click here for Wait List request.
Walk-ins will not be admitted.
To cancel this class click: Class Cancellation.
If available - advanced payment is required. If a class is required for a BHL employee you may be asked to give up your place from this class. -Baptist Healthcare System employees receive 50% discount for most CE classes and symposiums - manuals not included. (Each CE hour = $10.00) -BPSC Personnel: 50% discount - manuals not included. (Each CE hour = $10.00)
KBN Provider #: 4-0012-12-16-009
Approved for 14.6 CE