Baptist Health Lexington Pharmacy provides continuous 24-hour care via the main centralized pharmacy and six decentralized care areas for:
- 356 Licensed Inpatient beds
- 8 unit cardiac catheterization labs
- Outpatient oncology infusion center
Pharmacy and Hospital Statistics
- 1,800 doses dispensed per day
- 8,000 combined Cath/PCI procedures annually
- 4,000 Babies delivered annually
An Operating Room Satellite provides all pharmacy services to 17 operating rooms, 2 Endoscopy suites, and the pre and postoperative areas during the week.
The investigational research pharmacy supports an average of 136 open investigational studies.
The Pharmacy utilizes state of the art technology including:
- Horizon Meds Manager
- Robot Rx
- Med Carousels
- AcuDose Cabinets
- AdminRx (Bedside Scanning)
- PACMED Robotic Packaging
- Baxa 24 Channel IV Compounder
- MICROMEDEx Drug Information System
To enhance patient care and medication safety, Pharmacists utilize electronic medical records and electronic nursing charting. These and other forms of advanced medical technology allow for quick and accurate access to important patient information, which helps insure quality medical care for every patient.
Pharmacists are responsible for multiple clinical initiatives including but not limited to:
- Renal Dosing
- Warfarin Monitoring and Management
- Pharmacokinetic Dosing
- IV to PO Interchange
- Antibiotic Management
- Parenteral Nutrition Management
- Drug Therapy Monitoring
- Emergency Response
- Core Measure Management
- Medication Reconciliation
Baptist Health Lexington Pharmacy offers a PGY1 Residency program accredited by the American Society of Heath System Pharmacists. To find out more about this program and obtain application materials click here.