SOS for Young Women With Breast Cancer - Oct. 8
S.O.S., which stands for Strength of Survivorship, is a new Baptist Health Lexington-sponsored series of programs for young women fighting breast cancer. This free series involves monthly programs that will begin October 8 and continue through June 3. All programs will be at Central Baptist Church at 110 Wilson Downing Road in Lexington. A complimentary dinner will be served at 6 p.m., and the program will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The topic of the October 8 program is "Your Maiden Voyage - Breast Cancer, Now What?" Remaining dates and topics are:
- November 12:T.L.C. – Talking, Listening & Communicating
- December 10: S.C.J. – Spirituality in Your Cancer Journey
- January 14: J.L.T. – Juggling Life and Treatment
- February 11: P.L.H. – Peace, Love and Healing
- March 11: Y.E.N. – Managing Stress Through Yoga, Exercise and Nutrition
- April 8: G.N.O.- Girls’ Night Out
- May 13:L.T.B. – Lions, Tigers and Bears: Facing Your Fears
- June 3: Bon Voyage – Places to Go, People to See, Things to Do
Participants are free to attend as many of the programs as they wish. Register here or call 859-260-4357.