Maternity Program Services & Perks
The arrival of a new baby is a momentous time for the whole family. Baptist Health Lexington's obstetrics care focuses on the family unit during this special occasion.
We understand what new families want and need, because we've been sharing in the miracle of birth for generations. From the latest in equipment to the tender touch of caring nurses, we are committed to meeting the needs of women in central, south and eastern Kentucky.
Our family-centered obstetrics program offers:
- Modern obstetrical care that includes labor, delivery, recovery (LDR) rooms, mother-baby care and the opportunity to put your newborn on the Internet through our innovative Baby Central program;
- Extensive perinatal services to help promote healthy outcomes for women with high risk pregnancies;
- Classes to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting, including topics such as having your baby at Baptist Health Lexington, breathing and relaxation methods, breastfeeding and pediatric CPR;
- Lactation consultants to support mothers in their desire to breastfeed;
- A state-of-the art neonatal intensive care unit to provide special medical and nursing care to newborns who need extra care;
- A perinatal loss program to meet the needs of parents who have experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth.