Kentucky Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Program
The Home and Community Based Waiver program provides in-home services to people who, without in-home care, would have to go to nursing homes.
Understanding the Waiver Program
The waiver program, available through home health agencies and adult day health care centers in Kentucky, provides additional funding for Medicaid recipients who are unable to afford the cost of home health care, but who will benefit from home health services. Baptist Health Lexington Home Health Care participates in the waiver program and offers a variety of services including:
- Assessment and reassessment to evaluate the client's physical, mental and emotional health; social supports; and living environment and to identify services the patient needs, but cannot arrange for themselves or through family members.
- Case management to coordinate the delivery of services such as transportation, volunteer services, informal support services, and physician or clinic visits. When necessary, a case manager may also arrange for drugs, supplies or related medical equipment.
- Homemaker services including general household activities such as meal preparation and household cleaning.
- Personal care services to meet patient's physical needs, such as bathing.
- Respite care services provided on a short term basis for patients whose primary care taker is temporarily absent.
- Home adaptation to make homes more functional for patients by adding devices such as shower bars or wheel-chair accessible ramps.
For More Information
For more information about our Kentucky Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Program services, please call Baptist Health Lexington Home Health Agency at (859) 260-6569 or toll free at 1-800-489-3002.