Exceptional Heart Care
There are several units within Central Baptist Hospital that you may stay for observation after your procedure. They are:
- An eight-bed coronary care unit (CCU) where patients with serious heart problems are closely monitored and receive specialized, individual care;
- A 22-bed cardiovascular observation unit to care for patients before and after diagnostic heart catheterization;
- A 24-bed post interventional unit (PIU) to care for patients recovering from balloon angioplasty, rotablation and coronary stenting procedures;
- 35 postcath observation rooms.
Patients with more serious heart procedures will stay in one of the following:
- Patient-focused care units (PFC) designed for patients who are recovering from open heart surgery but need less intensive nursing than is provided in the CTICU;
- Nine newly constructed surgery suites that can accommodate open-heart surgery with 12 adjacent cardiothoracic intensive care unit (CTICU) rooms where patients recover immediately after surgery.