Cardiac Rehabilitation at Central Baptist Hospital
Central Baptist’s cardiac rehab program is for individuals who have heart disease or who are at risk of developing heart problems.
It is a medically supervised program designed to help persons with heart disease reach their highest level of physical, social and mental health. Physician referral is required for participation.
- Assist in the medical management of heart disease
- Improve overall physical health
- Reinforce cardiac education
- Provide social and psychological support to patients and family members
- Reduce risk factors for heart disease
- Largest cardiac program in the region
Two exercise/education outpatient programs are available.
Immediate Outpatient: This program concentrates on helping patients develop healthier lifestyles. It includes telemetry-monitored exercise, risk factor modification and counseling. Patients may start participating in this program immediately after discharge from the hospital.
Outpatient Maintenance: This program is designed to help patients maintain the fitness levels achieved during the immediate outpatient program. People who are at risk of developing coronary artery disease are also welcome to participate.
Additional programs that promote the goals of cardiac rehabilitation include:
- Massage therapy to reduce stress and lessen the shoulder, neck and back discomfort that often occurs after open heart surgery. Massage therapy is available through the cardiac rehab program and is provided by a certified massage therapist.
- Nutrition counseling is one-on-one education with a registered dietitian. Family members may attend. Grocery tours are also available.
- Relaxation techniques classes are offered each week to families and participants.
- Freedom from Smoking® helps people kick the cigarette habit for good.
We also provide education about preventive healthcare to our community.
Learn more by downloading our Cardiac Rehab brochure or by calling
Central Baptist Hospital at (859) 260-6047.