ACLS Recertification is reassigned through Heart Code.
The Heart Code lab is available 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Class will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. (should be finished by 4:30 p.m.). If you are unable to finish you will need to reschedule.
This class is in Room F at the Education Center. The participant will sign up in the library and check out the ACLS provider book (click Complete Instructions for Baptist Health Lexington Employees link below). You will need to bring your current ACLS card and sign an acceptance of responsibility for the date assigned.
Click here to view Employee Responsibility Grid policy for certification requirements and attendance.
Questions?? Click FAQ for frequently asked questions regarding Heart Code call 6075.
To CANCEL: E-mail Carla Townsend (cancellations must be in writing).
- ACLS and BLS certifications
RNs, LPNs, Paramedics, respiratory therapists (those who intubate), and MDs who work with patients that require cardiac care at Baptist Health Lexington.
Signing up in the library will include a commitment voucher. This voucher will charge participants $75.00 if you do not attend your scheduled date.
To CANCEL: E-mail Carla Townsend (cancellations MUST be in writing).
Click here to view 'Certification Requirements for Baptist Health Lexington Employees'
- How many times can I take the 2-day course before I transition to Heart Code? After one 2-day certification required staff should attend Heart Code.
- How many days a week is Heart Code available? It is available 3 days a week year round, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and the participant must sign up in the library.
- If I let my card expire, can I take the 2-day course instead of the simulation, recertification? It is highly recommended, and mandated in policy, that any working nurse, not allow their current ACLS card to expire. If in fact that does occur, the Heart Code simulation can be used for initial certification as well as recertification.
- Registrants that are signing up for the 2 day course will be screened; these courses will go to first time ACLS students. All others will be expected to register through Heart Code for recertification. So, it will be important for students to be more aware of their expiration dates of all courses.
- How long is Heart Code and where is the class held? Class is 8:30 am - 4pm, on the date you are assigned. Be prepared to stay for 8 hours, some are finishing sooner, but on the average it takes 7- 8 hours to complete the cognitive and skills portion for certification. Classroom is located in Room F of the Education Center.
If you are NOT a hospital employee, you can still utilize heart code. You can go to the Laerdal web site: http://www.laerdal.com/doc/41662576/HeartCode-ACLS and take the cognitive portion of the class at your leisure. Once you have received your certificate of completion for the cognitive portion of this course you can call ext. 6075 or Carla Townsend (6297) in the library and we can assign you to a skill check off date. The dates will be on the Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of each month at 0630 am. You must complete the skills portion within 30 days of completion of cognitive portion, to receive credit for the full course.